How to transport fishing rods in suv? Fishing is a great way to relax and take in the beauty of nature. However, transporting your fishing rods can be tricky if you’re not prepared. Owning an SUV can make things easier as they have more space than smaller cars and are designed for carrying more oversized items like fishing gear safely and securely.
In this article, we’ll discuss how to pack your rods for transport, how to secure them in the vehicle, how to protect them from weather elements and how to keep them from shifting during transportation. We’ll also provide an overview of the essential points discussed so that you can ensure your trip goes off without a hitch!
How To Pack Fishing Rods?
Packing fishing rods can be relatively simple, provided you have the right supplies.
- First and foremost, you’ll need a heavy-duty cardboard tube or plastic pipe for every three rods you plan on transporting.
- Be sure to measure your rods before buying the tubes or pipes.
- You’ll also want to purchase caps for the tubing or pipes or packing paper to crumple up as plugs.
- To protect your rods from any possible damage, add air-filled plastic padding around them before inserting them into their tubes or pipes.
- Lastly, seal everything tight with packing tape to ensure it’s secure during transport.
Transporting Your Fishing Rods In Suv
Transporting fishing rods in an SUV is a great way to get them from one destination to another and keep them safe. When planning your trip, consider the size and shape of your vehicle and DNA MOTORING RRC-T113-BK Roof Rack before packing. Here are some tips for transporting fishing rods in an SUV:
- Securely pack your fishing rods in containers or rod tubes specially designed for this purpose. This will help protect the rods from damage during transport on ROLA 59504 V-Tex Rooftop and make storing them inside the vehicle easier. Ensure the containers fit snugly without leaving extra room for movement or shifting while in transit.
Fit the rod
- If you have enough space, fit the rod containers lengthwise, angling from the front windshield to the back windshield of your SUV. This way, they’ll be secure and won’t move around during transport. If there isn’t enough room inside, don’t worry; you can transport your rods on the roof rack of your SUV instead!
- If using a MaxxHaul 70115 46″ x 36″ x 4-1/2″ Roof Rack, ensure it has a sufficient grip to securely hold all your rod containers in place during transport so that they don’t slip off or become damaged along the way. To further increase safety measures, use ratchet straps or other binding equipment to tie each container separately to remain securely attached until you reach your destination.
- Store all loose items such as lures, bait, reels, lines, pliers and swivels in storage boxes or tackle bags before placing them into the car with the rest of your gear. This will help avoid any tangles or accidental damage caused by jostling items during transit.
- Always double-check for wear and tear on both roof racks and associated straps before use, as even minor rips can cause significant driving problems if not noticed beforehand due to high-speed winds encountered when traveling at high speed on highways or freeways!
Close the windows tightly
6 Last but most importantly – ensure that all windows are closed tightly before setting out on your journey. Open windows can easily cause wind resistance, affecting stability while driving at higher speeds!
If you plan on fishing in saltwater, consider using heavier lures that you can find in the best saltwater fishing rod and reel combo 2023. Learn What Size Rod And Reel For Surf Fishing?.
Transporting your fishing rods in an SUV can be a great way to get them from one destination to another while keeping them safe and secure. By packing the rods properly, securing them inside the vehicle or on its roof rack, protecting them from weather elements and ensuring that they don’t shift during transport, you can ensure that your gear arrives undamaged and ready for use. If you’re looking for the best deep-sea fishing rod and reel combo, consider getting one with an ideal size that best fits your needs – accuracy, distance or leverage.
Fishing is a great way to relax and take in the beauty of nature. However, transporting your fishing rods can be tricky if you’re not prepared. Owning an SUV can make things easier as they have more space than smaller cars and are designed for carrying more oversized items like fishing gear safely and securely.
- How to Fix Snapped Fishing Rod? A Quick Guide
- Our Top 5 Best Walleye Fishing Rod Reviews 2023
- Our Top 5 Best Tuna Fishing Rods 2023
- Best Spinning Rod For Bass Fishing Reviews – Our Top 5 Picks
- Best Rod For Saltwater Fishing Reviews – Our Top 4 Picks